Hugh Miles Training
One of the most important aspects of training is placing horses where they can win.
Hugh & Melodys Chic - 2014 NCHA Open Futurity Wildcard Final - [View Video]
Photo by Ken Anderson Equine Photography.
Hugh Miles is considered by many as not only one of the best trainers, but one of the best young horsemen in Australia. When selecting a trainer you need to look to the future and with Hugh’s outstanding knowledge of pedigree and type many horses selected by him go on to be top class performers.
Hugh’s results in the Campdraft, Challenge and Cutting arenas speak for themselves and the success of his stallions Millionnic Chic and Conductor are testament to his dedication and foresight within the industry.
Hugh Miles Story
Hugh was a former top Junior Campdrafter and since joining the Open ranks he has vast experience as a trainer preparing feature event winners throughout the Campdraft, Cutting and Challenge disiplines.
Paradise Stallion Draft winner Conductor and Cloncurry Challenge winners Millionnic Chic and Woolerina Rhythm were among his early standout achievements. However, each year he adds another prestigious title to his list of achievements.
[Hugh & Oaks Riverqueen. Winners of the 2013 Paradise Lagoons Supergirl & Champion of Champions.
Photo: eHorseTrainer.com [ Read article... ]
2013 Paradise Lagoons saw a definite career highlight when Hugh and Oaks Riverqueen won the Supergirl with 180 points, before going on to win the Champion of Champions with a total of 186 points.
2014 saw Hugh and Conductor win the inaugural Charlie Maher Young Gun Draft at Landmark with 92 & 92. He also finalled both Millionnic Chic and Conductor in the Open Draft and scored a magnificent 24 on both horses in the Stallion Shootout Cutout.
2015 again saw Hugh and Conductor in the winner’s circle at Landmark. This time winning the Stallion Shootout over 2 rounds of Campdrafting and a third round Cutout. He also scored magnificent 24’s on both Conductor and Millionnic Chic in the Stallion Shootout Cutout for the 2nd year in a row.
Training draft winners has been a feature of Hugh’s career and these winners include Acres of Oak, Corvette, Dreamtime, Copycat and Copyright, but this feature now includes training cutting winners with Melody’s Chic and Dually Teles among his early cutting successes. He also aims to continue to prepare top quality Sale horses for both himself and clients.
The sales ring is another arena that Hugh specialises in, primarily presenting horses he has bred and trained for himself and his family. Landmark 2014, 2015 & 2016 were spectacular successes for Hugh and his performances in the sales ring and the competition arena were features of the weeks.
In 2014 he presented 4 Millionnic Chic progeny for a top of $42,000 and an average of $22,500 and to complete the week he presented the highest priced horse, Lot 477 Highway to Hell. $70,000, on behalf of Raelene Higgins.
In 2015 he won the Stallion Shootout, finalled in the Challenge and presented sales horses which sold to $26,000.
In 2016 Hugh presented the equal top priced mare, Dual Again, who sold for $70,000 and the highest priced stallion, Teles One Moore who sold for $60,000. Further Millionnic Chic was on fire with his progeny selling for big, big prices and the Millionnic Chic progeny (see MC's video gallery) were in finals throughout the competition.
Photo by Ellis Photo. Hugh Miles & Coreygous
Hugh Miles & Honey
- 1st on Honey for owners Peter and Carolyne Doonan.
- 1st Cut Out on Millionnic Chic (24).
- 2nd on Reys Ya Garter for owners Corey and Trudy Holden,
- 3rd on Spins Gypsy Rose for owners Barry and Sally Smith
- 1st Cut Out on Spins Gypsy Rose. (23)
Scone - August
- 1st Novice - Millionnic Chic (IMP)
- 1st Open - DREAMTIME (Conductor)
- 1st Restricted Open CORVET (Conductor)
- 1st Maiden Cut Out - MIRAGE owned by Wayne Carney.
- 3rd Maiden - CHIC ACRES (Millionnic Chic)
- 1st Novice A Cut Out - Millionnic Chic
- 1st Novice B Cut Out - HARD HAT HENRY owned by Dave Kennedy
- 1st Open Cut Out - DREAMTIME
- 1st Restricted Open Cut Out CORVET
Dungowan - September
- 1st Open Cut Out - Conductor.
- 1st Rest. Open - Conductor (91)
- 1st Novice - HONEY (owned by Peter Doonan)
- 1st Maiden B - MIRAGE (owned by Wayne Carney)
- 2nd Maiden B - SYMPHONYS CHIC
- 3rd Open Cutting & 4th Open Classic - COREYGOUS.
Services & Facilities
Having facilities for up to 15 horses and a staff of 2 full time assistants Hugh specialises in the following:
- Campdraft horses.
- Challenge horses.
- Snaffle Bit Cutting horses.
- Sale Preparation.
Operating out of Peel Valley, Tamworth, Hugh has well appointed stallion and breeding facilities, stables and secure and safe paddocks in which to train and accommodate his horses.
His philosophy is to ensure that the best possible care and attention is given to each individual horse. They are provided with expert care and service when needed by local vets, farriers, dentists and equine chiropractors.
Regular communication with owners on their horse’s wellbeing, progress, training and competition plan is provided to all.
Warwick Gold Cup
Warwick Stallion Draft
- NCHA Senior Youth Cutting Champions. Matilda Schumack & Coreygous, foundation mare in Hugh's stable - [View Video]
- Open Derby - Hugh & Dual Again, Co Reserve Champions - [View Video]
Landmark Classic Horse Sale
- Top priced stallion. Lot 98 Teles One Moore. $60,000 - [View Video]
- Equal top priced mare. Lot 415 Dual Again. $70,000 - [View Video]
Landmark Classic Horse Sale
- Lot 518 - Peelvale Future Chics 3.y.old Mare. Sold $23,000
Vendor: Kate Miles, Purchaser: Catchflow P/L. [View Video]
- Lot 369 - Peelvale Wishes Chics 2.y.old Mare. Sold $26,000
Vendor: Jannine Miles, Purchaser: Mitchell Weir. [View Video]
- Lot 259 - Peelvale Jessie 2.y.old Mare. Sold $18,000.
Vendor Jannine Miles, Purchaser: Edgarjay Pty Ltd. [View Video]
Landmark Merial Stallion Draft
Prydes EasiFeed Australian Performance Horse Challenge.
- Hugh Miles & Destiny’s Mirage. Final Challenge, 5th. [View Video]
Warwick on Conductor
Hugh won the inaugural Charlie Maher Draft on Conductor with 92 & 92. [View Video]
Stallion Shootout Cutout
Hugh presented the top priced horse of the sale.
Hugh presented 4 Millionnic Chic progeny for a top of $42,000 and an average of $22,500.
- Lot 144, Peelvale Snaps Chic, 2010 Mare, $42,000. Vendor Jannine Miles. [View Video] (external link to Hugh Miles Performance & Breeding Horses Facebook Page.)
- Lot 277, Peelvale Cruisers Chic, 2011 Mare, $17,000 Vendor: Hugh Miles. [View Video]
- Lot 293, Peeelvale Playgirl, 2011 Mare, $17,000 Vendor: Jannine Miles. [View Video]
- Lot 531, Peelvale Rivernic, 2011 Gelding, $14,000. Vendor: Jannine Miles. [View Video]
Warwick Gold Cup
Consistency at the Warwick Gold Cup on Conductor. 3 rounds, 3 identical scores of 22, 63, 4: Total 89. Placed 4th
Cloncurry Stockman's Challenge
|Enquiries & Bookings contact:
Mobile: 0400 354 008
TAMWORTH NSW 2340